Through our integration with Shopify you'll be able to sell your products online, and have those customers added to your AWeber mailing lists. This is a great way to provide content to your customers based on a purchase, and start monetizing your email list.
Note: Your store will need to be set up and live for the integration to connect.
You will also be able to apply tags to your subscribers based on the purchase of a specific product through Zapier, allowing you to send more targeted content to customers within the same list.
Note: API submissions from this integration will be added without having to confirm their subscription by default. If you would still like confirmation message sent, just contact our customer support team.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, click on "Integrations" at the top right corner of your account.
Then, scroll down and click on the Shopify integration.
You'll be prompted to enter your Shopify domain. This is the URL of your Shopify store:
If you're having trouble finding this URL, log into your Shopify account, then copy the first part of the URL (up to and including the ".myshopify.com") from your browser.
Click Enable once you've entered the correct URL.
- You'll now be redirected to your Shopify account, where you may be asked to log in.
After logging in, you'll see a confirmation page asking you if you'd like to install the "AWeber Add Subscriber" app. Click Install to continue.
- At this point, you'll be sent back to your AWeber account. There you can choose which list your customers will be added to from the "Choose Your List" dropdown menu.
- You will also have to inform, or at least provide the option, for subscribers to either be added to your AWeber list or not. To make sure that option is available, you'll first go to the Settings section of your Shopify account and then select "Checkout".
- Next, under the Order Processing section, you would want to select if that option is checked or unchecked by default. This option must be included and should not be disabled.
- If any changes are made, be sure to click "Save".
And you're done! Your Shopify customers will now be automatically added to the list you've chosen.
NOTE: While purchasing your product, if a subscriber unchecks the box "Keep me up to date on news and exclusive offers", they will NOT be added to your AWeber list after their purchase is complete.
- If you'd like to have people added to different lists based on the product they buy, just check the box below the "Choose Your List" section, then select the product in question and the list you want customers to join before clicking the "Add" button.
Apply a Tag Through Shopify (Available Through Zapier)
With the Zapier Shopify integration, you'll be able to tag subscribers who make a purchase of a specific product in your shop.
- Log into your Shopify account and select "Products" from the left hand menu options.
- Then, select the product you would like to tag.
- Once you've selected the correct product, scroll down to find "Tags" from the right hand menu options. You can see which tags are applied to this product.
Or, add new tags in the available input field.
- Subscribers who make a purchase of this product will now be tagged in your AWeber list.
Only one Shopify account can be integrated with your AWeber account.
Shopify may take up to 2 hours to report new customers to your AWeber account, so do not be alarmed if you experience a delay in customers being added to your list.