Eventbrite is a service that allows you to schedule events and sell tickets to them online, even giving you an online storefront for ticket sales. Adding event attendees to your mailing list is a great way to give them more information about the upcoming event, and you can of course keep in touch with these people after the event is over, thanking them for coming, or extending invitations to future events you choose to hold.
With AWeber's Eventbrite integration, you're only a few clicks away from doing just that.
Step By Step Instructions
- In your AWeber account, click "Integrations" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Here, select the Eventbrite integration from the list of "Available Integrations."
On the next page, click on the "Connect Integration" button.
- You may be asked to login to Eventbrite at this point.
Either way, you will then be asked to allow the connection between Eventbrite and AWeber. Click "Allow" to continue.
- After you click "Allow," you should be taken back to the "Connection settings" page. Select the list that you want attendees added to.
Apply any tags that you want to the "Add Tags" section.
If you need to add attendees to specific lists based on what event they sign up for, read on. Otherwise, you're done!
- Once you have events set up in Eventbrite, you can check the "Advanced Settings" box and it will allow you to add subscribers to multiple lists based on the specific event they signed up for.
Note: advanced settings are not accessible on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to unlock this feature and many more by clicking here, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Further instructions on how to upgrade your account if needed can be found here.
- Choose the event and the list you want subscribers added to. Then, add any tags that you want.
Once complete, click the "Add automation" button to add this as a rule. You can create as many rules as you have events.
Only one Eventbrite account can be integrated with your AWeber account.
A confirmation message will be sent to subscribers added to your list in this manner. Make sure that you customize the confirmation message so customers know why they are being asked to join your mailing list.
Eventbrite may take up to 2 hours to report new customers to your AWeber account, so do not be alarmed if you experience a delay in customers being added to your list.