If you aren't familiar with Drupal, it is a content management service often used to build websites.
We've created a module which will allow you to add an AWeber sign up form to your Drupal site using our API.
Note: You will need to have already created your list and a sign up form on that list before using the Drupal module to add that form to your Drupal site. Also note that this module is made for use with Drupal 7, so you may want to check your version number if you're having problems.
Step By Step Instructions
- Download the module here.
- You can unzip and install the module manually by uploading the folder to the /sites/all/modules/ directory in your Drupal install (consult Drupal's help for more information about installing contributed modules).
- Log into your Drupal admin, then click the "Modules" button at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the "AWeber Web Form" module, then check the "Enabled" box and click the "Save configuration" button.
- Next, click the "Configuration" button at the top of the page.
- Here, click "AWeber Web Form" under the "Content Authoring" section.
- To authorize the connection between your Drupal site and your AWeber account, click the link below the "Authorization Key" box.
You'll be taken to a new page where we'll prompt you enter your AWeber login information and click "Allow Access."
Copy the code from the box that appears -
- and paste it into the Authorization Key box back in Drupal, then click "Authorize."
- Then, just select the list you'd like subscribers to be added to.
And finally, choose the sign up form that you would like to add to your Drupal site and click "Save."
- Finally, to actually have the form appear, click the Structure button at the top of the page.
Here, click Blocks.
On this page, scroll down until you see AWeber Web Form, then use the drop down menu to choose where you would like the form to appear.
Only one Drupal account can be integrated with your AWeber account.
A confirmation message will be sent to subscribers added to your list in this manner. Make sure that you customize the confirmation message so customers know why they are being asked to join your mailing list.
Drupal may take up to 2 hours to report new customers to your AWeber account, so do not be alarmed if you experience a delay in customers being added to your list.