If you're using Salesforce and AWeber together, you can now keep tabs on which of your Salesforce leads are subscribers to specific lists in your AWeber account. This integration will only work with "Leads" in Salesforce.
Note: This integration requires access to Salesforce's API. You may need an Enterprise or Unlimited account with Salesforce in order to use their API.
Step by Step Instructions
- In your Salesforce account, click your username, then choose "Setup".
Note: You will need admin access to Salesforce in order to properly setup the integration.
- On the "Setup" page, under "App Setup," choose "Customize," then "Leads," then "Fields".
Here, next to "Lead Custom Fields & Relationships," click the "New" button.
On the new page, select the "Text" option, then click "Next".
Next, you'll need to choose a name for the field that you'll see in Salesforce (the "Field Label") - this can be anything you would like. You must then set Length to 255, and Field Name to sub_list.
Note: These two values must be entered exactly as given above or the integration will not work.
Click the "Next" button to continue - don't check any of the boxes on this page.
On the final page of this process, enable the field for whatever Lead layouts you would like - we recommend all of them. Click "Save".
Once you've saved the field, double check it under Lead Custom Fields & Relationships. Under the "API Name" column, it must read "sub_list__c". If you don't see that, the integration will not work properly.
- On the left side of the page under the "App Setup" section, click "Create," and then click "Apps".
Here, next to the "Connected Apps" area click the "New" button.
On the next page you will want to give a name for "Connected App Name" and "API Name". These may be chosen at your discretion (for example, you might put "AWeber" in the "Connected App Name" and "API Name" fields, and your webmaster's email address as the "Contact Email").
Scroll down and check off the box to "Enable OAuth Settings". Copy and paste this URL into the area for the Callback URL: https://aweber.com/users/apps/salesforce-data-sync/step5
Under the list for "Available OAth Scopes" you will want to choose "Access and manage your data (api)" and click the "Add" button.
Once done, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
- You should now be on the Apps page. If not, you can get to the page by going to App Setup -> Create -> Apps, then click the name of the app that you just created under "Connected Apps".
Here, you will need to copy your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret, both found in the "OAuth Settings" section. To reveal the Consumer Secret, you will need to click the link that appears.
- Back in your AWeber account go to the "My Apps page".
On the next page scroll down to the Salesforce app and click on it.
- On the page for the Salesforce app paste the codes in the matching fields, then click "Enable" to complete the integration.