Call Loop is a service that allows you to add SMS text and voice messaging to your email marketing efforts through the integration. You will be able to automate adding contacts from your list to Call Loop and send text and voice messages to your subscribers.
Before continuing with these instructions you will want to make sure you have created a sign up form in your AWeber account and that you have also created a custom field for your subscribers' phone numbers within that form.
Note: This integration supports Tags in AWeber and how to set these up is covered below.
Watch A Video
Step By Step Instructions
- Get your free Call Loop account. If you do not have your Call Loop account yet, you can sign up for free.
- After you log into your Call Loop account you will need to create a group. A group could be new subscribers, customers, leads, or any group of contacts you wish to store in Call Loop. Do this by clicking on the "Create a New Group" button on the home page of your account.
- On the next page you will want to name your group. In this example we will name the group "Newsletter Subscribers."
If you would like to receive an email notification for every contact that is added to your AWeber list from Call Loop, click the "YES/NO" button for the "Notifications" section. This feature is turned off by default.
Next, check the checkbox for "Click here to connect to your integration provider (optional)."
A drop down menu will appear for selecting a "Provider." From that drop down menu, select "AWeber".
Next, you will need to enter in the thank you page URL where you would like to send your user to after they opt into your AWeber sign up form. So in this example we are specifying http://www.example.com/thankyou.html as the thank you page.
Next, you will want to specify where Call Loop will find the subscribers phone number information in your AWeber account. So if you created a custom field within AWeber to capture the subscribers phone number information into then you would want to list that field name with "custom_" in front of it. So in this example, if our custom field was called "phone" then we would input "custom_phone" for the "AWeber Phone Field."
Finally click the "Create Group" button.
- On the next page you will need to copy your unique URL generated. This unique URL is tied to this group and will be used as the thank you page URL that AWeber asks for when creating your sign up forms.
- Now you will want to navigate to your AWeber account. In your account click on the "Sign Up Forms" tab.
Then you will want to click on the sign up form that you want this integration to be associated with. In this example we will click on a form called "Newsletter Subscribers."
- Once the sign up form generator is open you will want to click on the "Go To Step 2" button.
- You will then be taken to the "Basic Settings" page for your form. On that page you will see options for a "Thank You Page". From the drop down, select "Custom Page". In the input field that appears, paste the thank you page URL that you copied from step 4.
Next, click "Show Advanced Settings."
From the options that appear you will want to check off the "Pass Form Data" checkbox.
Click the "Save Your Form" button.
- Publish your sign up form and place it on your website. Now the integration is complete! As new subscribers opt in with their phone information, they will automatically be stored inside your Call Loop group.
Step By Step Instructions For Applying Tags
Call Loop allows you to utilize the tagging feature in order to add tags to subscribers. They can be used though either their Broadcast or Follow Up feature. For the examples below, we are going to use Follow Ups.
- First ensure that AWeber is integrated with Call Loop. To check this, click on "Account" from the top navigation bar.
- Choose "Integrations" from the Account page.
- If the AWeber icon is greyed out, the accounts wouldn't currently be integrated. After clicking on the AWeber icon, select "Sign In".
- You will be taken to a page to authorize the connection between AWeber and Call Loop. Enter your login credentials and click "Allow Access".
When that is connected, that icon will now show with color.
- Now, from the 'Messages' tab, select "Followups".
- If you have not already, you can create that Followup by clicking "Create a Followup".
- Name your FollowUp and click "Continue".
- After entering your message text, check the box next to "Request more information?".
- In the options now available, first select AWeber for 'Provider'.
- Select the list that you would want these subscribers added too.
You can also pass the phone field as well. Just make sure you have a matching custom field created in that list.
- In the "Tags" field, you can enter the tags that you want passed to AWeber, separated by commas.
- Click "Create Followup"