Adding a sign up form to your Squarespace site is easy. By following the instructions below you will be able to add a sign up form that you create within your AWeber account to your Squarespace site.
By adding a form to your Squarespace site you give yourself the ability to re-engage subscribers that visit your site. If they choose to fill out your sign up form you can then follow up by sending them newsletters or autoresponder messages.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, you will want to log into your AWeber account and create a sign up form to place on your Squarespace page. After you have created your form you are given multiple options for how you would like to publish your form. Choose the "I Will Install My Form" option and select "Raw HTML Version."
After you select "Raw HTML Version" you will see a block with a bunch of code inside of it. You will want to copy that code and save it in a text file somewhere or keep it open in a separate window/tab while you navigate to the backend of your Squarespace site. This code will be used to install the form on your site.
- Once you have logged into your Squarespace site you will see all of the pages for your site in the left sidebar. First select the page of your site you would like to install the form to. In this example we are selecting the "Homepage" of the site.
- On the next page you will want to navigate to the part of the page that you want to insert your form and click the black bubble that appears in that part of the page.
- Next a menu will pop up with a bunch of different elements that you can insert on your page. In the menu you will want to scroll down until you see the "More" category. From the options underneath this category you will want to click on the "Code" element.
- A box will then appear with the headline "Edit Code." You will want to take the Raw HTML code that you got from step 1 of this article and paste it into this box. Once this is done click the "Save" button.
Note: If there is any code pre-populated in that box you will want to make sure you delete that code before pasting in the Raw HTML code for your form.
- You will need to ensure that the "Display Source" is not checked. You can click on it to uncheck that option if it is not already unchecked
- You will now see the form populated to your Squarespace site. If you want to move the form to another part of the page, just click and drag the form to the part of page you want it on.