Digioh is a great source to host your files and to secure them at the same time. With Digioh you can have it so your downloads are only accessible by subscribers to your list within AWeber, or if they are not already subscribed to your list you can have it so they are prompted to sign up in order to access the download.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, you will want to sign up for a Digioh account through this link. If you sign up through that link, Digioh will automatically try to link to your AWeber account as soon as you sign up. So first enter in an email address and password that you would like to use for your Digioh account.
- On the next page you will be prompted to link to your AWeber account. On this page you will want to click the "Link My AWeber Account" button.
You will then be taken to a page to enter your AWeber login details. Once you have entered your login details click the "Allow Access" button.
- Next, you will see a page where you can choose the file you want to share. To upload the file click on the "Select a file..." button and choose the file from your computer that you would like uploaded.
- After the file has been selected you will see 3 options for you to choose from under "Security Options." These options are for determining who will have access the download.
List Grower Security - Select this option if you would like the download link to only be available to subscribers of your AWeber list. If they are not subscribed to the list you can create a form for them to see that they would need to fill out in order to access the download and to add them to your mailing list. If you choose this option you will see a drop down menu to choose a list to link the download to.
Membership Security - Select this option if you would like the download to only be available to subscribers of your AWeber list(s). If someone tries to download the file and they are not subscribed to your list they will get redirected to a "No Access" page. They will not be given the option to subscribe to the list. If you choose this option you will see a drop down menu where you can link the download to all lists in your AWeber account or to a single list.
No Security - This will make your download file accessible to anyone for as many times as they wish to download the file. So if they are not subscribed to your list they will be able to access the download and they will not be asked to sign up to access it.
- Next you can set "Expiration Options" for the download. With this you can set an expiration date for the download link, or you can set the download link to never expire.
You can also set it so the download can only be downloaded a certain number of times by a single person, or you can set it so that there is no limit to the number of times a person can download a file.
Note: If you choose the "No Security" option then anyone will automatically be able to download your file as many time as they like.
Once you are done with setting the "Expiration Options" click the "Upload and continue" button.
- On the next page you can customize your download page. You can edit the title of the page, the download button, and you can even add custom HTML to the page. Once you have customized the download page you will want to click the "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the page.
Next, if you like you can select other options from the sidebar on the side of the page to add your logo to any of your Digioh pages, edit the signup page that appears when using "List Grower Security," or you add extra signup fields to your form.
Once you are done editing any additional settings and have saved them by clicking the "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the page you will want to click the "Next" button.
- You will then be taken to a page with your download link. Click the "Copy" button to copy the link or simply highlight it and copy it.
- Now you will want to go back to your AWeber account and open/create the message that you would like to insert the download link into.
Now you are complete! You can now send your subscribers that message with the link for the download.