LeadPages is a platform that allows you to create simple easy-to-edit landing pages, launch pages, sales pages, and other types of conversion pages that you can capture subscribers through. The pages created within LeadPages can then just as easily be integrated with WordPress, Facebook, or even your own hosted website.
The AWeber integration with LeadPages allows you to have subscribers that are captured through LeadPages added directly to your AWeber account.
Note: In order for this integration to work you must have a sign up form created within the list that you are trying to integrate with your LeadPages page.
Watch A Video
Step by Step Instructions
- First, you will want to log into your LeadPages account if you have not already done so. From within the LeadPages account you will want to click on the "My Account" button at the top of the page.
From the drop down menu that appears you will want to click on "Integrations."
- Next, you will see a page with links for the various email marketing providers that LeadPages integrates with. Click on the link for "AWeber."
- On the next page you will want to click on the "Connect to AWeber" button.
- You will then be taken to a page where you will want to enter your AWeber login name and password. This will connect your AWeber account with LeadPages. Once those details are entered, click the "Allow Access" button.
- Next, you will want to click on "Templates" at the top of the page.
- On the next page you can select from the various types of templates for landing pages that you might want to use. Select the landing page template that best fits whatever theme you are trying to go for. You can always edit portions of these landing pages later on. Select a template by hovering your mouse over it and then click on "Use This Template." For now we will just select the "Basic Centered Squeeze Page."
A lightbox will popup asking you to choose which industry you would like your landing page identified with. Select whatever option is most relevant to your industry, or you can simple click the "No thanks, I'd rather not say" button. If you choose an industry, click the "YES! Count Me In!" button.
- You will then see the design view for your landing page. On the page you chose, find the button that subscribers would normally click to display the sign up form. How this button looks and what it says will depend on the landing page template you chose to work off of. When you hover your mouse over the button you will see text for "Click For Opt-In Form." When you find the button, click on it.
In this example, we are click on our "Send Me The Free Bundle" button from the template we chose.
- From the sidebar that appears, choose the AWeber as the service you will be connecting with from the first drop down menu. From the second drop down menu, select the name of the sign up form from the AWeber list that you are trying to connect to. Then, click the "Customize this form" button.
Note: You can ignore the red warning that pops up about your page not being connected to your email service provider. That warning just appears because this is a new page that you are creating that has not fully been setup yet.
Next, you will see any fields that would have been integrated over from the sign up form in your AWeber account. So if you have any custom fields setup in your form they will appear in the sidebar.
If the field is not required, you can uncheck the box next to it to remove that field from your opt-in form. If the field is a required field in your AWeber form, then you will not be able to remove that field from your LeadPages form.
By default the LeadPages integration will pull what you have set as your "Thank You" page for your form from within AWeber. This is done when you first select your list/form to integrate with your landing page. If you ever need to change the "Thank You" page, first repeat step 7 above. Then from the sidebar that appears click on the "Thank you page" option.
An input area will then appear for you to type in a custom "Thank You" page for your form. Type in the page URL that you would like to use and click the "Okay" button.
Note: Changing your "Thank You" page for your form from within AWeber will not update the "Thank You" page for your landing page. You can only update the "Thank You" page by following the above instructions.
Once you are done making any other additional changes, click the "Okay" button in the sidebar to save your settings.
- Now the integration between LeadPages and AWeber is complete. You can now make any other edits to the formatting of your landing page. Once you are done making your changes, you can name your landing page by clicking the "Page Name" link at the top of the editor.
A popover will appear where you can edit the name of your page as well as the extension of the URL that will be used for the landing page.
Click the "Done" button once you have named your page.
- Finally, you will want to click on the "Save" button at the top of the page. Then, click the "Publish" button.
You will then see a box that pops up with the URL of your landing page that you created in LeadPages. You will also see other options for how you might want to integrate that form with WordPress, Facebook, or your own server!