How do I integrate Leadpages with AWeber?
Leadpages is a platform that allows you to create simple easy-to-edit landing pages, launch pages, sales pages, and other types of conversion pages that you can capture subscribers through. The pages created within Leadpages can then just as easily be integrated with WordPress, Facebook, or even your own hosted website.
The AWeber integration with Leadpages allows you to have subscribers that are captured through Leadpages added directly to your AWeber account.
Need to set up your AWeber account first? Create an AWeber Free account with us today.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, you will want to log into your Leadpages account if you have not already done so. Then, create a new Leadpage. To create a new page, click the "Create New Leadpage" button. You'll then be asked a few questions regarding what you are using your page for, and what you may be offering your subscribers. This will generate a few pre-styled page options that you can choose from.
- After selecting the page you like and giving it a name, you will then see the design view for your form. On that page, find the button that subscribers would normally click to reveal the form. Hover your mouse over that button and click the "Edit Pop-Up" button that appears.
In this example, we'll hover over the "Get The Guide" button to reveal the "Edit Pop-Up" button.
- You should then see your pop-up form appear. Hovering over the form will reveal a "Edit Integrations" button. In the below example, we hovered over "Send me the guide!" Then, click the "Edit Integrations" button.
- From the left sidebar that appears, click "Add an Integration."
- Then, click "More Services."
- Select AWeber from the list of available integrations. Then, click "Connect New Account" in the top right corner. After labeling your AWeber account on the resulting page, and clicking "Connect," you'll be prompted to provide your AWeber login credentials.
- Once you've connected your AWeber account, you'll be taken back to the "Edit Your Form" section of your landing page, with your account already selected. Use the dropdown to select the list you want subscribers added to when completing that form.
If you would like to collect additional information from your audience, you will need to create a sign up form in AWeber that contains the additional custom fields. The AWeber sign up form does not need to be stylized. Make sure that the sign up form contains all of the fields you would like to collect from your audience.
Once your AWeber sign up form is saved, you will want to select the sign up form from the dropdown menu.
Note: In the next step we will detail how to add Tags to your form. Regardless of whether or not you plan on using Tags, you must save your changes before proceeding to the next step. If you do not see a "Save" button to click, you'll have to wait for it to appear.
- After selecting your AWeber list, a text area will appear where you can specify up to ten Tags that will be added to subscribers who fill out this form. These Tags will be applied to your subscribers in your AWeber account. After you've added your Tags, click the "Save" button.
Note: Tags can be created by typing the word or phrase you'd like to use for the tag and pressing enter on your keyboard.
- If you have created additional custom fields, you will be able to add them in LeadPages by clicking "Add a Field". When finished, click "Next - Actions."
- Finally, you can set up what page the subscriber is taken to after submitting their information. Once set, click "Save & Close."
Congratulations! Now when subscribers fill out your form they will be added right to your AWeber list.