Leadpages is a platform that allows you to create simple easy-to-edit landing pages, launch pages, sales pages, and other types of conversion pages that you can capture subscribers through. The pages created within Leadpages can then just as easily be integrated with WordPress, Facebook, or even your own hosted website.
The AWeber integration with Leadpages allows you to have subscribers that are captured through Leadpages added directly to your AWeber account.
Need to set up your AWeber account first? Start your Free Trial Now.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, you will want to log into your Leadpages account if you have not already done so. Then, create a new Leadpage. To create a new page, click the "Create New Leadpage" button. You'll then be asked a few questions regarding what you are using your page for, and what you may be offering your subscribers. This will generate a few pre-styled page options that you can choose from.
- After selecting the page you like and giving it a name, you will then see the design view for your form. On that page, find the button that subscribers would normally click to reveal the form. Hover your mouse over that button and click the "Edit Pop-Up" button that appears.
In this example, we'll hover over the "Get The Guide" button to reveal the "Edit Pop-Up" button.
- You should then see your pop-up form appear. Hovering over the form will reveal a "Edit Integrations" button. In the below example, we hovered over "Send me the guide!". Then, click the "Edit Integrations" button.
- From the left sidebar that appears, click "Add an Integration".
- Then, click "More Services".
- Select AWeber from the list of available integrations. Then, click "Connect New Account" in the top right corner. After labeling your AWeber account on the resulting page, and clicking "Connect", you'll be prompted to provide your AWeber login credentials.
- Once you've connected your AWeber account, you'll be taken back to the "Edit Your Form" section of your Leadpage, with your account already selected. Use the dropdown to select the list you want subscribers added to when completing that form.
Note: In the next step we will detail how to add Tags to your form. Regardless of whether or not you plan on using Tags, you must save your changes before proceeding to the next step. If you do not see a "Save" button to click, you'll have to wait for it to appear.
- After selecting your AWeber list, a text area will appear where you can specify up to ten Tags that will be added to subscribers who fill out this form. These Tags will be applied to your subscribers in your AWeber account. After you've added your Tags, click the "Save" button.
Note: Tags can be created by typing the word or phrase you'd like to use for the tag and pressing enter on your keyboard.
- Here you can add any additional fields to collect using the "Add a Field" option. For fields beyond Email and Name, make sure you have a corresponding custom field in that AWeber list. When finished, click "Next - Actions".
- Finally, you can set up what page the subscriber is taken to after submitting their information. Once set, click "Save & Close".
Congratulations! Now when subscribers fill out your form they will be added right to your AWeber list.