Running competitions and giving away rewards are becoming more of a go-to method for growing a mailing list. With Gleam you can do just that! Gleam provides you with the tools you need to easily create competitions and reward subscribers.
With the AWeber integration with Gleam you can give anyone that signs up for your competitions or rewards a chance to be part of your mailing list.
Note: This integration supports Tags in AWeber.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, you will want to log into your Gleam account. After you are logged in you will want to click on the "Settings" tab on the left side of the account.
- On the next page you will want to click on the "Integrations" link.
- You will then see a list of the integrations currently available through Gleam. On this page you will want to click on the "AWeber" integration.
Click the "Connect your account" button that appears.
Another page will then open up where you will want to enter your AWeber login details. Once your login details have been entered just click the "Allow Access" button.
Next, you will want to define a default list within AWeber to connect to Gleam. Just type in the name of whatever AWeber list you want to be used as the default list to connect to.
Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
- Now, if you have not already done so, you will want to create a competition or a reward within Gleam. After the competition or reward has been created click on the "Competitions" or "Rewards" tab on the left side of the account. In this example we will be clicking on the "Competitions" tab.
- You will then be taken to a page where you can see your current competitions. Click the pencil icon next to the competition that you wish to link to your AWeber list.
- On the next page, click on "2. How to enter" at the top of the page.
- You will now be taken to a page where you would specify the methods for how you would like people to enter your competition. On this page you will want to click on the "Subscribe to a Newsletter" button.
You will then see an expanded menu where you can setup the various options for how you want that entry method to work. You will also see an area to specify an AWeber list that you want subscribers of that competition to be added to. By default it will show the name of the list that you set in "step 3," but you can manually type in the name of a different list if you like.
Another cool option with Gleam is that you can set it so anyone that subscribes to the newsletter gets more entries for your competition, thus increasing the chances of them winning. This is a great way to entice people to subscribe to your newsletter by offering more entries for signing up.
Or you can just make the option to sign up for the newsletter mandatory by selecting the "Mandatory" checkbox.
Once you have finished with the settings that you wish to use, click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
- Finally, you will be taken to a page with a preview for how your competition form will look. In order for subscribers to enter their information for the newsletter option they will just need to click on the "Sign up for our Newsletter" option on the form.