OptinMonster allows you to create different types of sign up forms to place on various pages of your WordPress site. The types of sign up forms that you can create through OptinMonster are:
- Lightbox Popup Optin
- Floating Footer Bar Optin
- Slick Slide-in Optin
- Inline Sidebar Optin
- Inline Post Optin
- Exit Intent Optin
Note: You will only be able to connect a single list to your OptinMonster forms.
The AWeber integration with OptinMonster simply allows you to capture subscribers into a list within your AWeber account from forms created with OptinMonster.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, you will want to follow OptinMonsters instructions on installing the plugin on your WordPress site. After you have installed the plugin, hover over the "Plugins" tag on your WordPress dashboard and click on "Installed Plugins."
- If you have installed all of the files that OptinMonster provides you will see plugins for each of those files. You will want to click on the "Settings" link underneath the "OptinMonster" plugin.
- On the next page you will want to click on the "Create New Optin" button.
- Next, you will see where you can select the type of optin form that you wish to use. In this example we will select the "Lightbox" optin form.
Once you have selected the form type that you wish to use click on the "Next Step" button.
- On the next page you will see various options that you can set for the form. Set these options according to what suites you best. At the bottom of this page you will see a section for "Email Provider Settings." From the drop down menu for this section you will want to select "AWeber."
You will then see an area for you to enter in a "Custom AWeber Account Label." Here you are just labeling the widget for how you would like for it be identified with your AWeber account. This label can be anything you like, in this example we will label it as "OptinMonster Plugin."
You do not yet need to type anything in the box for "AWeber Auth Code." Click on the "Register OptinMonster with Your AWeber Account" button.
- A window will then popup for you to enter your AWeber login details. Once you have entered your login information click on the "Allow Access" button.
You will then see your authorization code. Copy this code.
Go back to your OptinMonster plugin settings and you will want to navigate back to the "AWeber Auth Code" box and paste the code that you copied into that box.
Once you are done entering the "AWeber Auth Code" click the "Register OptinMonstier with Your AWeber Account" button again.
- Now in that same area you will see a drop down menu where you can select the list that you would like associated with that optin form.
After you have selected the list that you wish to connect to, click on the "Save and Design Optin" button at the bottom of the page.
Now you are complete with the part of the OptinMonster setup for connecting that particular form to your list within AWeber. You will still need to go through the rest of the setup for other settings with the form, but the AWeber integration part of the setup is now complete! See the example below for how a an OptinMonster optin form may look.