Elevatr is a plugin used on WordPress pages that allows you to create easy-to-design sign up forms and webinar sign up pages. The AWeber integration with Elevatr allows you to have subscribers that are added through Elevatr sign up forms to your AWeber mailing list.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, if you have not already done so, you will want to follow the instructions from Elevatr on how to install their plugin on your WordPress site. Once the plugin is installed you will want hover your mouse over where it says "Elevatr" in the sidebar of your WordPress website and click on "Elevatr" from the menu that appears.
- The next page you will see is the "Elevatr Settings" page where you can enter some settings for the Elevatr plugin. The first thing you will want to do is copy your "License Key" from the members area of the Elevatr website. Once you have that code copied you will want to paste in the "License Key" area on the "Elevatr Settings" page.
- Next, you will see an area for you to choose an email service provider. In this area you will want to select "AWeber" for your email service provider.
Below where you selected "AWeber" you will see an area to enter an "AWeber Authorization Code." Here you will want to click on the "Click here to get your AWeber authorization code" link.
Another page will open where you will want to enter your AWeber login details. Once you have entered your login information click on the "Allow Access" button.
You will then see your authorization code. Copy this code.
Go back to the settings area for Elevatr within your WordPress account. For the "AWeber Authorization Code"you will want to paste in the authorization code that you copied previously.
Once you have pasted in that code, just scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Save Changes" button.
- Next, hover your mouse over where it says "Signup Forms" in the sidebar and from the menu that appears click on "Add New."
- You will then be taken to a page where you can design your form within Elevatr. We are going to focus on the part where you integrate that form with your mailing list. After you are done designing your form, at the top of the page you will see a menu with several drop down menus. From the "Subscription List" drop down menu you will want to select the mailing list that you want that form to add subscribers to.
After you select the list you want integrated with that form, click on the "Save" button.
You are now complete! You can either choose to install the form through the Elevatr sidebar widget. Or you can install it directly into a page or post using the shortcode that you are provided with.
Here is an example of a form created through Elevatr.