How do I add a sign up form to my website using the AWeber for WordPress plugin?
After successfully installing the AWeber for WordPress plugin, you can adjust where the form appears on your website. You can add a form to the footer or sidebar of your page. You can also add a form split test to the widget, which will display two of your forms at the intervals you select. After you add a form to your page, you can view stats for the form from within Wordpress.
In this article, we will walk through the steps to add the widget to your page and view the stats information for your forms and split tests.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, click the "Appearance" option from the right-hand side of the dashboard, and then click "Widgets."
- Click the "AWeber Sign Up Form" block under "Available Widgets" and drag it to the sidebar or footer location where you would like it to appear.
- Once the widget is in place, you can choose which form you would like to appear. Expand the "AWeber Sign Up Form" widget by clicking the arrow to its right, then use the drop-down menu to choose the list you want to work with.
- Click the second drop-down menu to select a form or split test from that particular list.
- Click "Save," and the form will appear on your website. If you selected a split test, the two forms will appear at the intervals that you selected when you created the split test.
For example, if you set one form to display 75% of the time and the other to display the remaining 25%, the widget will mimic that behavior.
And that's it! Once you install the widget, you will be able to view the conversion rate and number of submissions for any form in your account. You will also be able to see details like the tags that are applied and the shortcode for a particular form.
You can view the articles below for step-by-step instructions on how to use shortcodes on your posts, pages, and themes.
- How do I add a sign up form to my post in WordPress?
- How do I add a sign up form to a page of my WordPress site?
- How do I add a sign up form to the theme of my WordPress site?
I created a sign up form, but can't find it in the widget
If you just created the form, try refreshing the page and looking again. Also, check any other lists that appear in the first drop-down in the Webform widget. It's important to make sure that you're working in the list you want subscribers to be added to.
How do I view stats information for my forms and split tests?
You can view the valuable information like health of your forms and split tests directly from the Webform Widget. For example, you can observe which form design is more appealing or eye-catching to your visitors and converts more visitors of your website to subscribers on your list. To view these stats, click the "AWeber" menu option and then click "Forms."
Then, select the list you would like to view from the drop-down menu above the "Sign Up Forms" or "Split Tests" sections. If you click "Create," the Sign Up Form Generator within AWeber account to create a sign up form displays.
Once you select the list, you can view additional information about each of the forms on the list—including tags, the number of displays, and conversion rates.