PayPal provides you with buttons for customers to purchase your products from you. You may not only want to market your products through email, but you may also want to sell your products directly through email as well.
Inserting a PayPal payment button into your message using the standard button code that PayPal provides will not work in email. However, do not worry as we have an alternative method for inserting that button that will work!
Step by Step Instructions
- From the "Tools" drop down menu, select "All Tools".
- Locate the "PayPal buttons" option and click it.
If you already have a button created that you wish to use, click the "View your saved buttons" link on the right hand side of the page.
Click the "Action" button next to the PayPal button you would like to access. From the drop down that appears, click the "View code" link from the drop down menu and then proceed to step 5 of these instructions.
- On the next page, click on the "Create a button" button.
- Next, choose your button type and go through the options that PayPal has for setting up that particular button type. Each type of button will have different settings. Once you have input the settings for your button click the "Create button" button at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, you will want to save the image to your computer that PayPal provides for the button. Just right-click on the image with your mouse, from the menu that appears select "Save Image As..." and from the window that appears select an area on your computer to save the image to.
- Next, click on the "Email" tab.
A link will appear in place of the code that was underneath of the tab. Highlight that link and copy it.
- Now, go back into your AWeber account. If you do not already have a message created then you will want to create a message that you would like to insert the payment button into. Open the message and insert the image for the payment button that you copied previously in step 5 into your message.
Once the payment button image is inserted, click on it. There will be an "Image" menu on the side of the editor. Within that menu you will see an "Image Link" box. Paste in the link that you copied previously in step 6 into the "Image Link" box.
And that is all there is to it! You can now make any other additional changes that you may want to make to your message and then you can save the message with that working PayPal payment button.