OptimizePress is a WordPress plugin and theme that allows you to easily build pages and create sign up forms to capture subscribers through. The types of pages that you can create using OptimizePress are:
- Landing Pages
- Membership Portals
- Sales & Marketing Pages
- Product Launch Funnels
- Free Training & Course Pages
- Authority Blogs
- Webinar Registration Pages
The subscribers can be captured either from a sign up form installed in the sidebar of your WordPress site or through a capture page provided by OptimizePress. To begin the integration you will want to start by first connecting OptimizePress to your AWeber account. Once it is connected you can then decide if you want to use the sidebar widget or capture page function of OptimizePress.
Instructions for connecting OptimizePress to AWeber are below, followed by instructions for installing a form into the sidebar of the site, and then instructions for creating a landing page.
Connecting OptimizePress to AWeber
- First, make sure you install the OptimizePress plugin or theme if you have not done so already. Once that is installed hover your mouse over where it says "OptimizePress" and click on "Dashboard" option from the menu that appears.
- On the next page, click on the "Email Marketing Services" tab.
- You will then see an option for "AWeber." Click that option.
Below where you clicked on "AWeber" you will see an area expand. From this area click on the "Connect" link.
On the next page enter your AWeber account login details and then press the "Allow Access" button.
Congratulations, now your AWeber account is fully connected to OptimizePress.
Adding a Sidebar Optin Form
- OptimizePress makes it easy to access any step of setting up your theme for your blog. Just click on the "Blog Settings" option in the sidebar of your WordPress dashboard underneath the OptimizePress heading.
- Within the "Side Bar Optin" area you will see more options where you can edit to change the looks of your sidebar optin form. From the "Integration Type" drop down menu select "AWeber"
Another drop down menu will appear. From this menu select name of the mailing list that you would like associated with the capture page.
Now, all you need to do at this point is to set the "Thank You Page" for the form.
Note: If you do not need to capture the subscribers name, you can simply put a check in the "Disable name box?" checkbox.
To add any additional custom fields that you may be trying to capture information for, click on the "Add New" button underneath the "Extra Fields" section.
- To get the form to show up in the sidebar of the blog hover your mouse over where it says "Appearance" in the sidebar of the WordPress dashboard and click on "Widgets".
From the widgets that appear drag and drop the "OptimizePress Sidebar Opt-in" widget into the "Sidebar" area.
Now you are setup for having the sidebar form widget on your WordPress site. Here is an example of how a form might look if it was installed into the Sidebar of your blog using the OptimizePress plugin.
Adding a Landing Page Form
With OptimizePress you can easily create landing pages that can add subscribers to a list within your AWeber account.
- From the OptimizePress menu in the sidebar of your WordPress dashboard select the "Page Builder" option.
- OptimizePress will bring up the PageBuilder interface automatically. Give your page a name along with customized permalink.
After you have given your page a name, scroll down and choose to design your landing page from a blank template or choose to use a "Content Template." A "Content Template" is a pre-made design template for a landing page that you can use.
After you have decided on a template click on the "Proceed to Step 2" button at the bottom of the page.
- Next, the "LiveEditor" will load. Edit any additional settings to adjust the design of the landing page. Once you are done making your changes, hover your mouse over the sign up form on the landing page. From the icons that appear in the right corner of the form, click on the pencil icon.
In the Content LiveEditor that appears, you'll need to click on that pencil icon again.
- From the window that appears there will be a drop down menu for "Integration Type." Select "AWeber" from this drop down menu.
Another drop down menu will appear below for "Provider List." From this menu select the AWeber list that you want this landing page linked to.
Finish adjusting any other settings you would like to edit for the form. Once you are done, scroll to the bottom of the settings and click the "Insert" button.
- Click "Update" to finalize those changes.
- To complete the setup of the landing page just click the "Save & Continue" button in the "Live Editor" sidebar.
Now the integration between your OptimizePress landing page and AWeber is complete. Here is a snapshot example of a landing page that was created from the "Simple Landing Page" theme that OptimizePress provides!