How do I integrate OptimizePress with AWeber?
OptimizePress is a WordPress plugin and theme that allows you to easily build pages and create sign up forms to capture subscribers. The types of pages that you can create using OptimizePress are:
- Landing Pages
- Membership Portals
- Sales & Marketing Pages
- Product Launch Funnels
- Free Training & Course Pages
- Authority Blogs
- Webinar Registration Pages
The subscribers can be captured either from a sign up form installed in the sidebar of your WordPress site or through a capture page provided by OptimizePress. To begin the integration you will want to start by first connecting OptimizePress to your AWeber account. Once it is connected you can then decide if you want to use the sidebar widget or capture page function of OptimizePress.
Note: changes made by OptimizePress require every subscriber to engage with a captcha page. Click here for more information on ReCaptcha pages.
Step By Step Instructions
- Click the "Integrations" tab from the OptimizePress menu options on the left-hand side of your WordPress dashboard.
- Then, click "Add New Integration."
- Hover over the AWeber icon and click "Connect."
- You will have to allow OptimizePress to access your AWeber account information, including your lists, messages, and subscribers. Enter your login credentials and click "Allow Access."
- Next, you can start creating your landing page. Click "Create New Page" from the top of your dashboard.
- Select a landing page template. In this example, we will use a blank template.
- Name your page and click "Create Page."
- In the landing page editor, click and drag the "Optin Form" element into the body of your page.
- Then, click on the form within your page and click the integration icon from the "Optin Form" settings.
- Once you click the integration icon, a box will appear next to the form settings. Click "Edit Integration."
- In the window that pops over the page, select AWeber from the available integrations and click "Next Step."
- Select the list that you want subscribers added to.
Add whatever tags you would like to the form.
- Map the form fields with any custom fields in your AWeber list.
- Progress through the remaining steps and, on the "Complete" step, review your form settings and click "Close."
And that's it! Your optin form is now integrated with your list. Subscribers who sign up will be added to the list and receive your messages. Next, you want to add a captcha element to your form.
Note: ReCaptcha is required for use of this plugin with your AWeber account.
- Once you have successfully connected to your AWeber account, you'll find OptimizePress listed as a top level menu item to the left of your page. Navigate to the "Settings" page.
- Then, select Recaptcha.
- Sign up for Google ReCaptcha v3 if you have not done so already.
- Register a new site with the '+' icon in the top right corner of the resulting page.
- Submit the required information, making sure to select the "reCAPTCHA v3" option. When all required information is provided, select "submit".
- Copy the "site key" and the "secret key" from the following page.
- Back in your Wordpress account, paste the "site key" and the "secret key" in their respective text boxes. Then, click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
And that's it! Your forms will now be protected with a captcha. The captcha helps weed out malicious submissions and spambots.