SumoMe is a toolkit that allows you to gather subscribers through a customizable lightbox sign up form. They also have a highlighter tool that allows visitors to highlight text on your site and share that text to their Twitter as a tweet that is linked to your site.
The AWeber integration with List Builder by SumoMe allows subscribers to be added to one of your lists within your AWeber account when they fill out a SumoMe sign up form.
Note: You will need a SumoMe Pro account in order to use this integration.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, you will want to go to SumoMe's main website and follow their instructions for installing the SumoMe toolkit onto your site. After SumoMe is installed, you will just need to visit any page of your site. In the top right corner of the page there will be a blue tab sticking out. Hover over that tab and click the SumoMe icon.
A form will then popup for you to enter your login details for your SumoMe account. After you have entered your login details, click the "Login" button.
Note: If you do not yet have a SumoMe account you will want to click on the "Sign Up" button.
- Next, you will see the "Home" screen for the toolkit. Click the the "Sumo Store" button.
- Under the "Email" section, click on the button for "List Builder".
Here, click the "Free" button for "List Builder". When you do, the "Free" button will change to "Open".
Click the "Open" button and you'll be directed to your "List Builder" settings.
- Now you will see the "Settings" screen for the "List Builder." Here, from the left hand sidebar, click on the "Services" tab.
- From the "Services" screen, click on the option for "AWeber."
On the next screen click on the "Connect" button.
- Another window will popup. Here you will want to enter in the login details for your AWeber account. Once your account details are entered click on the "Allow Access" button.
- You should now be back at the "Services" screen. Below the "Disconnect" button there will be a drop down menu. From this menu, select the list that you would like subscribers to be added to from your SumoMe form and then click the "Save" button.
Now, the AWeber integration with List Builder By SumoMe is complete! You can go back into the "Settings" area of the "List Builder" to adjust the appearance, timing, and colors of your sign up form. See the below screenshot for an example of how the SumoMe sign up form would look without any additional formatting.