ShortStack is a custom iframe tab for your Facebook where you can insert custom apps that you create with ShortStack. This allows you to insert multiple widgets into a Facebook tab that will allow you to connect with various services that you may be using.
The AWeber integration with ShortStack allows you to add AWeber subscribers to one of your mailing lists using forms where subscriber information is captured.
Watch A Video
Step by Step Instructions
- First, log into your ShortStack account. If you have not already done so you will want to make sure you create an App within ShortStack that has a form on it. From your ShortStack "Apps" page click on the title of the app that you would like to connect to AWeber.
In this example we are selecting the app we created called "The Widget Workers Contact Form."
- Next, the ShortStack "Designer" will load. Here you will see any widgets that you loaded into the app. Click on the "Edit Form" link at the bottom of the form widget that you have inserted into your app.
In this example, we are choosing to edit the "Contact Form" widget that was preloaded into the "Contact Us" template.
- You will then be taken to the "Form Designer." Add a "Check Box" to your form if you do not already have one. This is used to add a check box that the subscriber will need to check off to indicate that they agree to be added to the mailing list.
To add a "Check Box" click on the "Check Box" option underneath "Custom Fields."
Below the preview of your form to the right of "Custom Fields" you will see the check box that was added.
If you click on the check box you will be able to edit options for how you would like that check box to appear.
- Once you are done editing the settings for your check box, click on the "Manage Integrations" button at the top of the page.
- Next, you will be taken to the "Form Integrations" page where there will be options for all of the different services that you can integrate with the ShortStack form. Click on the option for "AWeber."
Below the AWeber option a check box will appear for "Add users as subscribers to an AWeber list." Click the check box to select it.
An "Authorize" button will then appear. Click on this button.
A window will then pop up for you to enter your AWeber login details. Here type in your AWeber login name and password, then click the "Allow Access" button.
- You will then be taken back to the "Form Integrations" page. Underneath the AWeber option there will be a drop down menu for you to select the mailing list that you would like subscribers to be added to from that form.
Below where you select the list you will also see drop down menus for any custom fields that you have created within your AWeber mailing list. Match any of these custom fields to any relevant fields that you may have on your form.
Once you are done matching your fields click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
On the next page click the "Save Form" button.
Now you have completed integrating AWeber with your ShortStack app! If you have not already done so, you will want to install the app to your Facebook page. Below is a screenshot example of an app installed on a Facebook page using the ShortStack "Contact Us" template.