How do I integrate Rafflecopter with AWeber?
Rafflecopter allows you to create an online giveaway where users can register for the giveaway through a form that you place on your website or Facebook page.
Rafflecopter is free to try, so there is no reason not to at least check it out. However, in order to have entrants added to your AWeber list through your Rafflecopter giveaways you will need to upgrade to their business plan.
Step by Step Instructions
- First, log into your Rafflecopter account if you are not already logged into it. Once you are logged in, click on the "New Giveaway" option on your Rafflecopter "Dashboard."
- Next, click the "Add A Prize" button that appears.
A menu will then pop up for you to specify what the prize will be that your entrants are competing for. Here you can also specify an image for your giveaway as well. After you have added your prize, click the "Save This Prize" button. Note: You will need to upgrade your Rafflecopter account in order to add an image.
- Next, specify the options for how you would like people to register for your giveaway. Click on "Add An Entry Option."
From the options that appear, select "Subscribing to a Mailing List". Note: You will need to upgrade your Rafflecopter account in order to select this option.
- On the menu that appears, click on "Select Your Email Provider" and select "AWeber" from the drop down menu that appears.
A window will then appear for you to enter your AWeber login name and password. After you have entered your login details click on the "Allow Access" button.
- Now your AWeber account is connected to Rafflecopter. Below where you selected AWeber there will be a drop down menu for "Which mailing list should visitors be subscribed to?" From this drop down menu select the unique list ID for the list that you would like subscribers to be added to from this giveaway.
At the top of the menu you will also see the option to type in the name for the mailing list manually as opposed to having your AWeber list name appear by default.
You can then type in any "Elegibility Requirements" that you would like to specify for anyone that wants to enter your giveaway. You can also specify how many points (entries) this add method is worth, as well as specifying if this entry method is mandatory or not. Once you are done selecting your desired settings, click the "Save This Option" button.
- If you like you can add additional entry methods. Once you are done with that, select the time frame for when you would like the giveaway to start and end.
- Finally click the "Preview and Install" button at the bottom of the page.
You are now complete with integrating Rafflecopter with AWeber. You can take the code that Rafflecopter gives you and install it on your website, or you can choose to install the giveaway form on your Facebook page. Here is an example of a giveaway form created through Rafflecopter.