Wix is a service where you can create your own website through a variety of different template options they provide. Having your own website will allow you to publish information regarding your business. When you have your own website, you'll want visitors to sign up for your email list so they can receive further information from your business.
AWeber makes it easy to publish a sign up form on your Wix site that allows visitors to sign themselves up for your list! You can add a regular in-line form that appears next to other elements on your site, or use Wix's lightbox element too.
Please note: Wix also has an Artificial Design Intelligence feature that helps create a site for you. ADI websites have an editor that is styled differently than Wix's original editor. You can reference their instructions below to add an HTML form using the ADI editor.
Adding a Regular In-line Form
- From within your Wix site, click the option for "Add."
- From the drop-down menu, click the "Embed" tab.
- Now, click the "+" button next to the option for "Embed a Widget."
- A small frame will appear on your site. Click on that frame and then click "Enter Code."
- In your "HTML Settings," choose "Code."
- Enter your AWeber form code into the box provided and click the "Update" button.
- You can adjust the frame by dragging any of the corner icons to make the frame larger or smaller.
Please note: When using the Wix app to publish your AWeber form, the thank you page will appear in the frame that Wix provides. If you wanted to avoid this, check the option to have your thank you page open in a new window. This option can be found in your sign up form settings.
Please note: If you are creating a lightbox or pop up form in AWeber, that will only appear in the frame on your Wix site. For that reason we suggest using an in-line form when publishing to your site. If you want to create a lightbox form through Wix, you can do so by following the steps below.
Adding a Lightbox Form
- Click the "Add" button and select "Interactive."
- Select a template from the "Lightboxex" section. Wix doesn't currently have any blank templates, but you can remove any pre-made content.
- Once you select a lightbox template, you will be in "Lightbox Mode" in the editor. Right-click the content within the lightbox container and click "Delete" to remove it.
- Next, you will add another "Embed" element like in steps #2 - #4 in the section above. Click the "Add" button, select "Embed," and click the "+" button next to the "Embed a Widget" element.
- A small frame will appear on your site. Click and drag this frame into the lightbox area. You will see a green icon to "Attach to Box." This will connect the frame and the lightbox together.
- Then, click "Enter Code."
- Click the "Code" radio button and enter the code for your form. Once complete, click "Update."
That's it! You can adjust the form and frame so that it is the size you want. Now, when you publish your Wix site, your AWeber sign up form will be published so visitors can sign themselves up for your mailing list.