SplashPost is a service that allows Facebook Page owners to make multimedia timeline posts that can do promotions, give coupons, showcase videos, and collect emails from fans of that page. No matter which feature you choose, there is an option to put an Email Gate on your post so that fans must enter their email address in order to view the content of your post. It is this information that will be transferred to your specific AWeber email lists through this integration.
Watch A Video
Step By Step Instructions
- First, you will want to make sure you are logged into your SplashPost account. Once you are logged in, you will see different post types available for you to customize. Click "Select this feature" on whichever post type you wish to create. For our purposes, we will be using the first post option, "Collect Emails from Fans".
- Next, you will be asked to design your post by clicking on parts of the post you wish to edit. Once you are finished editing your post, click the "Next" button.
- On the next screen, you will be asked if you wish to add an "Email Gate" or a "Share Gate" to your post. These are used to either collect email addresses before fans can view your content, or to make your fans share your post before they view your content. This can be done simply by sliding the icon from the off position to the "gate" you wish to enable. Once you have done this, click the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
- At this point, you will be asked to provide a thumbnail picture, a status message, a post headline, and a post description for your fans to see. Once you have created these, click the "Next" button.
- After that, you must select which page you wish to publish this post on.
- Once you have selected a page to publish your post to, you will be asked to either "Connect To Email Autoresponder" or "Schedule Post For Later". In order to integrate your SplashPost account with your AWeber account, press the "Set Email List" button.
- You will then be prompted to select an email autoresponder to connect to. Choose AWeber on the list you are provided.
- Next, you will need to enter your AWeber account login and password in order to authorize the integration. Once you have entered your login information, click on the "Allow Access" button.
- After authorizing the integration, choose the list you'd like your SplashPost subscribers added to. Then, click the "OK" button. If you do not wish to schedule the post for later, press the "Post To Facebook" button.
You have now officially integrated your SplashPost post with your AWeber email list! Any email subscribers you get from that post will be put into your specific mailing list automatically. Here is an example of how your SplashPost post may appear on your Facebook account.