WishList Member is a WordPress plugin that allows you to create your own membership site. You can setup multiple membership levels where you can limit access to the content of your site depending on the membership level. If you integrate your shopping cart with the WishList Member plugin, you will be able setup paid membership levels as well.
With the WishList Member integration, you can have members of your site added to different lists in your AWeber account depending on the membership level that they are a part of. If you are integrated with a shopping cart, you can also have those members automatically unsubscribed from your AWeber mailing list if they stop paying you.
Note: This integration supports Tags in AWeber.
Watch A Video
Step by Step Instructions
- First, log into your WordPress site where you have setup the WishList Member plugin. Once you are logged in, hover your mouse over the "WishList Member" option from the sidebar and from the drop down menu that appears, click on "Integration".
- On the next page, there will be tabs for the types of integrations that you can setup. From those tabs, click on "AutoResponder".
- Next, you will see a drop down menu for "AutoResponder Provider". From that drop down menu select "AWeber API" and then click the "Set AutoResponder Provider" button.
Note: Do not select the "AWeber" option from the drop down menu as that is for a different method for integrating WishList Member with AWeber.
Click the link that appears for "Click here to obtain an authorization key and copy it into the box below".
A window will pop up with an area for you to enter your AWeber account login details. After you have entered your login name and password, click on the "Allow Access" button.
On the following page you will see your authorization code. Highlight and copy this code.
- Close the window with your authorization code and navigate back to the "Integration" page on your WishList dashboard. Below the link for "Click here to obtain an authorization key and copy it into the box below" paste the authorization code you copied from the previous step into the text box.
Click on the "Update AutoResponder Settings" button.
- You will then see each of the different membership levels that you have setup within the WishList plugin. Next to each of those membership levels will be a drop down menu. From each of those drop down menus select the lists that you want linked to your specific membership levels.
After you have selected the lists you want connected, click on the "Update AutoResponder Settings" button again.
Note: If you check off the box for "Auto Unsubscribe" next to the list you choose, that will make it so members are unsubscribed from the corresponding AWeber mailing list if they ever stop their membership with you.
You are now finished with integrating AWeber with WishList Member. Now anyone that becomes a member of yours through WishList Member will be added to your corresponding AWeber mailing lists!