ContestHopper is a WordPress plugin that allows you to run social sweepstakes, contests, and giveaways to grow your email list and build your network. Contests are an effective way to generate qualified subscribers that are interested in what you have to offer. This article explains how to integrate ContestHopper with AWeber.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, if you have not already done so, install the ContestHopper plugin on your WordPress site. Once the plugin is installed, hover your mouse over the "ContestHopper" tab from the sidebar of WordPress, and click "Add New".
- After you've created and designed your contest, click on the "Settings" tab.
- From here, scroll down to the "Entries & Winners" section. At the "Save participants to" option, select "AWeber" from the drop down menu provided.
- Scroll down to the "AWeber settings" section, and click the link to "Get your authorization code here".
- Another page will open where you will need to enter your AWeber login details. Once you have entered your AWeber login information, click the "Allow Access" button.
- Next, you will see an authorization code appear. Highlight and copy that code.
- Back in your WordPress, paste in the copied authorization code in the box provided. Then, click the "Connect App" button.
- Click the "Refresh list" button.
- Now, select the list you would like subscribers added to after they sign up on your ContestHopper form. Click the "Save all changes" button once complete.
- Go to the "Publish" tab, copy your short code provided, and publish it to your WordPress page.
That's it! Now, anytime a visitor signs up on your ContestHopper form, they will be automatically added to the AWeber list you've selected. Now that this integration is complete, here is an example of what a ContestHopper form may look like on your WordPress page.