Once a customer purchases one of your PayPal products, there is an IPN (Instant Payment Notification) message that contains information about that transaction. This IPN message can be helpful if you're having issues with a subscriber not being added to your AWeber list through the PayPal integration. Providing AWeber with the IPN message of the transaction can help us determine the cause of the issue. This article explains how you can locate the IPN message of a transaction in PayPal.
Step By Step Instructions
- From within your PayPal account, click on "Seller preferences" under the "Selling tools" section.
- Under the "Getting paid and managing my risk" section, click "Update" for "Instant payment notifications".
- When integrating AWeber with PayPal, make sure the Notification URL is the "web hooks" URL that AWeber provides you within the PayPal app in the “My Apps" section of your AWeber account. If the URL does not match exactly, the integration will not work.
- If the Notification URL matches, click on "IPN History page".
- On this page, you can conduct a "Date Range" search for the last month to bring up the IPN messages sent based on a purchase. To retrieve the specific IPN message for the transaction, click on the "Message ID" number.
- On this page, the "Instant Payment Notification" details are displayed. You’ll want to check the "Notification URL". As stated above, this URL must match the web hooks URL from within your AWeber account. If it doesn't, you’ll need to replace it with the correct web hooks URL.
- If the "Notification URL" in PayPal matches the web hooks URL from your AWeber account, copy the content from within the "IPN Message" box to provide AWeber with.
Note: When sending a support ticket about a subscriber not being added to your AWeber list via the PayPal integration, we as that you provide the full text of your IPN Message details from step #6, as well as the full content in the IPN message box from step #7.