How do I update a custom field with AWtomator?
In this article, we will explain how to update a custom field when using AWtomator.
AWtomator is a service that provides a variety of tools that can be beneficial to your campaigns and AWeber account. Tagging is built into AWtomator and gives you ability to update a subscriber's custom field after they click a link or visit a page. These notes can be used to create segments for targeted broadcast messages. This article provides the instructions on how to tag subscribers when using a "Link" event with AWtomator.
Step By Step Instructions
- If you haven't done so already, connect your AWtomator account with your AWeber account. To do so, click "Connect to AWeber" from the dashboard.
You will then be prompted to log into your AWeber account in order to authorize this integration. Once you have entered your AWeber log in information, click on the "Allow Access" button.
- Now that you've connected to AWeber, click "Add Event" from the left hand sidebar.
- Enter in the name of the event, and select the list that will be affected by this event.
- Choose "Link" from the "Event Type" option. Then, click the "Next" button.
- Enter the URL for your hyperlink in the "Link Destination URL" field. Provide a link expiration if needed. Then, select the delay period that the action will be performed. Once chosen, select "Tag the subscriber only". After this is complete, click the "Next" button.
- Add the notes desired for the subscriber after they click the link. Once complete, click the "Finish" button.
That's it! The update will be applied once the subscriber's custom field clicks the link. You will need to highlight the URL provided by AWtomator and place it into your message where you want subscribers to click. Then, all you need to do is click the button under "Event Status" to activate the event.
AWtomator advises you to test your links before sending out your message to ensure they are working as intended. Send a test message to yourself to an email address already subscribed to the list.
When using an AWtomator link, the click tracking report would not be collected within AWeber.
Also, be sure that your link reads as an "http://" protocol within your AWeber message and not "other".