AW Pro Tools is an application that provides a variety of tools that can be beneficial to your campaigns and AWeber account. "Smart Link" technology built into AW Pro Tools gives you ability to create links that can move or copy subscribers to another list in your AWeber account. With AW Pro Tools' "Advanced Logic", you can move or copy subscribers on a delay after subscribers click your "Smart Link".
Step by Step Instructions
- At your AW Pro Tools Dashboard, you will be creating a "Smart Link" by clicking the "Create A New Link" button.
- You will give your link a name for your own records in AW Pro Tools and provide the URL that subscribers will be directed to after they click the link.
- Here, choose the current mailing list in AWeber that you will be sending the link from.
- Next, choose the action to "Copy to a new list" or "Move to a new list". Your action will occur once the subscriber clicks on the "Smart Link".
- You will be prompted with the option to select the list subscribers will be moved or copied to based on the option you selected above.
- You will be provided with your "Smart Link" that you need to copy from AW Pro Tools and paste into your AWeber message.
- Now, click on the "Advanced Logic" section from the left hand sidebar of your AW Pro Tools account.
- Click the tab for "Delayed Action".
- Select your "Smart Link" from the drop down menu. Then, select your delay period you would like, and click "Save".
That's it! Now, your delayed action will be applied to your "Smart Link".
AW Pro Tools advises you to test your links before sending out your message to ensure they are working as intended. Send a test message to yourself to an email address already subscribed to the list.
AW Pro Tools always advises turning off the AWeber click tracking for your message. This is because the click tracking can ruin the personalization set in the "Smart Link" and prevent it from working correctly.