Using Campaigns you will be able to designate a specific wait time between messages. Unlike a Legacy Follow Up Series, Campaigns provides the option to delay the first message subscribers are sent after they're added to the campaign. This article will walk through how to delay the first campaign message using the Wait action.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, access your campaign or create a new one if you have not already done so. Then, select the "Wait" action from the left hand sidebar.
- Drag and drop this "Action" onto your canvas.
- Once you have selected this "Action," choose the desired wait time from the "Settings" in the right hand sidebar. For this example, we will select 1 day.
- Next, drag and drop a "Send a Message" action beneath the "Wait" action on your canvas.
Note: The wait time you have selected will be displayed on the canvas.
- Now, select the message you would like to send from the "Settings" for the "Send a Message" action.
- You will see that the first message is now delayed by 1 day after a subscriber is added to your campaign.
You're all set! Continue building your campaign by adding additional "Actions" onto the canvas.