How do I delay my first Campaign message?
Using Campaigns you will be able to designate a specific wait time between messages. Unlike a Follow Up Series, Campaigns provides the option to delay the first message subscribers are sent after they're added to the campaign. This article will walk through how to delay the first campaign message using the Wait action.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, access your campaign or create a new one if you have not already done so. Then, select the Wait action from Actions menu.
Note: You can double-click the action to add it to your campaign as well.
- Drag and drop this Wait action directly under the Trigger action on your campaign canvas.
- With the Wait action selected, you can edit the wait time from the menu in the right hand sidebar.
- If you don't already have a message in place, drag and drop a "Send a Message" action beneath the "Wait" action on your canvas.
- Now, select the message you would like to send from the "Settings" for the "Send a Message" action.
- You will see that the first message is now delayed by 1 day after a subscriber is added to your campaign.
You're all set! Continue building your campaign by adding additional "Actions" onto the canvas.