How can I trigger a Campaign?
In this article, we will walk through the different trigger options available with campaigns as well as how to use them.
There are two options for how to trigger your campaign, "On Subscribe" or "Tag Applied." "On Subscribe" will start the campaign as soon as someone subscribes to your list. "Tag Applied" will start the campaign when a tag is applied to a subscriber's information.
Step By Step Instructions
After you have created and named your campaign, you will be given options of how you would like to trigger the campaign.
- Selecting "On Subscribe" will trigger a campaign as soon as a subscribe joins your list as a full subscriber.
- Then, you have the option to narrow down which subscribers you want added to the campaign.
- There are options to trigger a campaign based on different signup sources or information.
- The "Source" option can be narrowed down even further with options to trigger the campaign by specific add methods. These methods include; webforms, import, or API. "Ad Tracking", is based on the Ad Tracking value assigned to a specific form, and "Country" is based on the subscriber's IP Address.
- You will now see the filter option you selected displayed within the "Start Campaign" action.
Note: You will have the option to designate multiple actions under the "Settings" for your campaign. Click "Add filter" to include another filter in the trigger of this campaign.
- When you select "Tag Applied," the campaign will begin when your subscriber gets a tag added to their "Subscriber Information." Note: The campaign will only trigger for subscribers that are tagged after the campaign is created and activated. If a subscriber is tagged before the campaign was created or activated, they will not receive any messages. You can easily add your existing subscribers to the campaign using another tag.
- You can specify these tags under the "Settings" for your campaign.
- This information will be listed in the "Start Campaign" action.
Note: You can use tags to stop people from entering a campaign sequence as well.
You're all set! Now that you've selected your preferred trigger to your campaign, you can start adding actions to it. As your campaign grows, just keep in mind, you will be able to add and remove tags at any time for better optimization.