Campaigns is AWeber's email automation platform. With Campaigns, you can send the right message to the right person at the right time. This not only saves you time, but makes creating targeted campaigns simple to set up.
Building your campaign in the Campaign Editor using the Actions available - "Trigger," "Send a Message," "Wait," and "Apply Tag." Each of the action items can be dragged and dropped onto your campaign "Canvas."
This article will explain how you can get started with Campaigns and create a campaign from scratch.
Step By Step Instructions
- If you haven't done so already, create the messages you would like to be added to your campaign. You can create your messages by hovering over the "Messages" tab and clicking "Drafts.
Here, click the "Create a Message" button and select the message editor you would like to create your message in. Our most popular editor is the "Drag & Drop Email Builder."
- Once your messages are created, hover over the "Messages" button and click "Campaigns."
Then, click the button to "Create a Campaign."
- Provide your campaign with a name, and then click the "Create" button.
- When you first create your campaign, you're provided with the "Trigger." Using the "On Subscribe" option, you can select if you would like subscribers to begin your campaign based on their subscribing method. Using the "Tag Applied" option, you can select if you would like subscribers to begin your campaign based on when a tag is applied to the subscriber's information.
- Once your trigger is selected, you can start adding "Actions" onto your "Canvas." The canvas is the dark grey area where action items can be placed. Each new action dropped onto the canvas will serve as the next action to be taken with the subscriber.
- To build your campaign, choose the different "Actions" from the left hand sidebar and drop them onto the canvas. The different "Actions" available for campaigns are "Send a Message," "Wait," and "Apply Tag."
- To customize any of your actions, click the action on your canvas and update the "Settings" located in the right hand sidebar.
- If you ever need to reorder the actions in your campaign, you can do so by dragging the action from the canvas and dropping it into the desired place. When moving actions around, the remaining actions will be bumped down in the campaign.
- Once you've finished creating your campaign, click the "Save & Exit" button located in the bottom right hand corner of your page.
- Once you're ready for the campaign to be active in your list, click the "Activate" button for your campaign.
- If you ever want to change the status of your campaign, you can do so by clicking the drop down menu for the campaign's "Status." The different statuses available are "Active," "Pause," "Close," and "Stop."
Once your campaign is closed or stopped, the campaign cannot be reactivated or paused.