Creating a welcome campaign is a great way to get subscribers started in your list. You can tailor a welcome message based on how they signed up, then provide more evergreen content to move them down the funnel. This article will walk through how to create that campaign in your list, and provide more insight on how it can be utilized.
Watch A Video
Step By Step Instructions
- Create the messages you would like to send to your subscribers.
- Hover over the "Messages" tab and select "Campaigns".
- Next, click "Create a Campaign" and give your new campaign a name, then click "Create".
- Select the "On Subscribe" trigger.
- You can choose to trigger the campaign for all subscribers or for subscribers who match a certain criteria. To trigger a campaign for specific subscribers, click the "Add filter" button to the right.
Next, click on the "Select Option" drop down menu. You can then choose to start your Campaign for subscribers added from a specific source or for subscribers who match a custom field criteria.
- After you've chosen to start your campaign for all subscribers or for a specific filter, add your "Send Message" actions to the campaign canvas.
- Next, click the "Choose Message" button in the right hand "Settings" sidebar.
- Assign your Welcome message to the first "Send Message" action.
- Repeat this process for the rest of your "Send Message" actions. You will see each message subject line listed in the action.
- Drag a "Wait" action between each "Send Message" action.
- The system will default to a specific wait time of 1 day. If you would like to change this, you can do so in the "Settings" sidebar on the right.
- Apply a tag to the end of your series and save.
- Then, set the tag you would like applied in the right hand "Settings" sidebar.
- Once you have all of your actions in place, make sure to "Save & Exit" your campaign in the bottom right.
Congratulations! You've successfully set up your first Welcome campaign. Moving forward, if you would like to have a specific campaign set up for each way a subscriber can join list, you can walk through this process again and set a different On Subscribe method.
For example, if you are using the Atom app, and add subscribers to your list when you meet them face to face, you can tailor your Welcome Message to reference that meeting directly. This is a great way to engage different subscribers based on how they signed up to your list.