How do I create a welcome series using Campaigns?
Creating a welcome campaign is a great way to get subscribers started in your list. You can tailor a welcome message based on how they signed up, then provide more evergreen content to move them down the funnel. This article will walk through how to create that campaign in your list, and provide more insight on how it can be utilized.
Step By Step Instructions
- Create the messages you would like to send to your subscribers by first going to your Campaigns tab. Next, click "Create a Campaign."
- Click "Create a blank campaign."
Note: We offer several Campaign templates, which can be selected at this step if you'd prefer to start with a template and not a blank Campaign.
- Give your new campaign a name, then click "Create."
- Select the "On Subscribe" trigger.
- You can choose to trigger the campaign for all subscribers or for subscribers who match a certain criteria. To trigger a campaign for specific subscribers, click the "Add filter" button to the right.
Next, click on the "Select option" drop-down menu. You can then choose to start your Campaign for subscribers added from a specific source or for subscribers who match a custom field criteria.
- After you've chosen to start your campaign for all subscribers or for a specific filter, add your first "Send Message" action to the campaign canvas.
- Next, click the "Choose Message" button in the right hand "Send Message" sidebar.
- Assign your Welcome message to the first "Send Message" action by selecting your message and clicking "Select."
- Next, Drag a "Wait" action after the "Send Message" action.
You can edit the Wait action on the right menu as needed.
- Repeat this process for the remainder of your messages until your campaign is built out.
- This step and Step 12 are optional. You can apply a tag to the end of your series. You may want to add a tag to indicate that your subscribers have completed the series.
Drag the Apply Tag action to the end of your campaign.
- Next, set the tag you would like applied in the right hand "Settings" sidebar.
- Once you have all of your actions in place, make sure to "Save & Exit" your campaign in the bottom right.
Congratulations! You've successfully set up your first Welcome campaign. Moving forward, if you would like to have a specific campaign set up for each way a subscriber can join list, you can walk through this process again and set a different On Subscribe method.