After creating your campaign, it is a good idea to update the content regularly. Adding new messages, or applying different tags, is a great way to manage what subscribers are receiving in your list. This article will walk you through how to make changes to an active campaign and what to look out for when making these changes.
Step By Step Instructions
- Hover over the "Messages" tab and select "Campaigns".
- Select the campaign you would like to edit.
- Next, you will want to update the actions on the campaign canvas. For this example, we will be adding an additional "Wait" and "Send Message" action.
- Drag an additional "Wait" action between the last "Send Message" and "Apply Tag" actions.
- Set your desired wait time, then drag in a "Send Message" action between this new "Wait" action and the "Apply Tag" action.
Note: See how the Item Indicator for this action is not green? As you have yet to assign a message to your "Send Message" action, it is not live. If you try to save the changes that you've made to this campaign right now, you will receive a notification that the campaign will be Paused until the action is made live.
- Next, assign the desired message to this "Send Message" action.
- After assigning a message to this "Send Message" action, the Item Indicator will turn green.
- Save your changes by clicking the "Save & Exit" button located in the bottom right.
Congratulations! You've successfully updated your active campaign. Subscribers will continue to progress through the messages in order and receive anything new that you have added.