Broadcasts are a great way to provide subscribers with time-sensitive updates. Using Automations you can apply a tag to your subscribers when they click a link. That will trigger a message, or series of messages, to be sent when someone clicks a link in your broadcast. This is also a great way to provide your subscribers with specific information through segmentation.
If you have tags that you'd no longer like to use, or wish to update what campaigns are triggered by clicking on a link, you'll need to remove them. In this article we will go over how to remove tags from the Do you want link automations? section of your Broadcast Settings.
Step by step instructions
- First, locate the Broadcast message you'd like to edit, click "Send Options", and select Schedule a Broadcast.
Note: If your broadcast is current scheduled, you will need to unschedule it.
- Then, scroll to the Do you want click automations? section. This is where you can see all current Automations applied to your message.
Click the blue "Edit" button to the right to access your link automations.
- This will bring you to the Click Automations menu.
To remove a tag, hover over it and click the X on the right.
A tag that has been removed will no longer shown in the Add Tags input box.
- Once you've removed any tags you would no longer like to use, click "Apply" to save your changes.
- You'll see the number of automations present in this messages under the Do you want click automations? section of the Broadcast Settings.
Congratulations! You've successfully removed a tag from your automation. Now, when a subscriber clicks one of your links in this broadcast, they will only have the remaining tags applied. You can use the tags to trigger a campaign, or segment subscribers within your list.