How do I edit an automation in a scheduled broadcast?
If you've scheduled a broadcast that has open or click automation and you have tags that you'd no longer like to use, you'll need to remove them.
In this article we will go over how to edit automation in your scheduled broadcast that applies a tag whenever someone clicks a link in the message. That tag can be used to trigger a campaign, or for future segmentation of your list.
Note: This feature is not accessible on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to unlock this feature and many more by clicking Upgrade within your AWeber account, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, locate Messages from the navigation bar and select Broadcasts.
- From the Scheduled Broadcasts section, find the message you would like to edit.
Note: A scheduled broadcast that includes an automations will have a green badge.
- Once you have located your scheduled broadcast, click Settings below the subject line.
- Then, scroll to the "Do you want tag automations?" section.
Then, click the blue "Edit" button to the right.
- Here you can update any of the links you would like, and manage the tags applied via your automation.
To remove a tag, hover over it and click the X on the right.
A tag that has been removed will no longer be displayed in the Add Tags input box.
- Once you've removed any tags you would no longer like to use, click "Apply" to save your changes.
Congratulations! You've successfully made an automation edit to your scheduled broadcast message. You can move forward with sending or scheduling the message as you wish!