Broadcasts are a great way to provide subscribers with time-sensitive updates. Using Automations you can apply a tag to your subscribers when they click a link. That will trigger a message, or series of messages, to be sent when someone clicks a link in your broadcast. This is also a great way to provide your subscribers with specific information through segmentation.
In this article we will go over how to edit an Automation in your scheduled broadcast that applies a tag whenever someone clicks a link in the message. That tag can be used to trigger a campaign, or for future segmentation of your list.
Step by step instructions
- First, hover over the Messages tab and select Broadcasts.
- From the Scheduled Broadcasts section, find the message you would like to edit.
Note: A scheduled broadcast that includes an automations will have a green badge.
- Once you have located your scheduled broadcast, click Settings below the subject line.
- Then, scroll to the Do you want click automations? section.
And, click "Edit" to the right.
- Here you can update any of the links you would like, and manage the tags applied via your automation.
To remove a tag, hover over it and click the X on the right.
A tag that has been removed will no longer be displayed in the Add Tags input box.
- Once you've removed any tags you would no longer like to use, click "Apply" to save your changes.
Congratulations! You've successfully made an automation edit to your scheduled broadcast message. You can move forward with sending or scheduling the message as you wish!