A segment is a collection of subscribers that you can create based off of specific search criteria. Segments are a great way to keep track of and reach out to particular groups of subscribers within a list.
With tags, you can organize your subscribers based on their preferences to send targeted content to them. After the segment is created, you can send a one time Broadcast message to those subscribers.
In this article, we will review the necessary steps to segment your subscribers based on a tag.
Note: Saving and sending to custom segments is not accessible on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to unlock this feature and many more by clicking Upgrade within your AWeber account, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, hover over the Subscribers tab and click Subscribers.
- Next, choose Tag from the Select Field drop-down menu.
- You will then have the option to select "is", "is not", "is any of these", or "includes all of these."
- Enter the tag you would like to search for in the input field.
- Then, click the blue "Search" button.
- Name and save your segment by clicking the green "Save" button.
- Your segment will be saved on the left hand side of the page under the "By Segment" section.
Congratulations! You have just successfully created a segment based on a tag. You can now use that segment to send a message to your subscribers.