How do I trigger a campaign when someone opens my broadcast?
In this article, we explain how to set your campaign to be triggered on a tag and how to apply that tag to those who open your broadcast.
With Automations, you have the option to trigger certain actions based on how a subscriber interacts with your message. Using tags with your broadcasts, you have the ability to trigger a campaign based on the tag that is applied when a subscriber opens that message.
Setting up your campaigns
First, you'll need to create the campaign within your list. The campaign will need to be active before you send the broadcast.
And make sure the campaign is triggered by a tag.
Great, now that you've set up your campaign, you'll need to create the automation in your broadcast.
Step By Step Instructions
- From your Drafts, click "Schedule" to begin scheduling your broadcast.
- In the 'Do you want tag automations?' section, click "Edit."
- Add the tag that corresponds to the campaign you want triggered when they open the message.
- While you have the Campaign active, if you add the tag that will trigger the Campaign, you will see a box to let you know that applying this tag will trigger the Campaign.
Click "Apply" once you have added your automations.
- Once ready to send that message, click "Send Message Now."
Congratulations! Now those subscribers that open that broadcast message will be tagged which will trigger your corresponding campaign automatically.