With Automations, you have the option to trigger certain actions based on how a subscriber interacts with your message. You can have tags applied when a subscriber opens a broadcast message or have them removed. Having them removed can be useful when running a re-engagement campaign with subscribers you've tagged for inactivity. Once they do open your message, the related tag would be removed.
In this article, we will cover how to have a tag removed when someone Opens one of your broadcast messages. Plain text emails would not be able to track opens so an HTML email would be required for this feature.
Note: this feature is not accessible on the AWeber Free plan. Upgrade your account to unlock this feature and many more by clicking here, or by contacting our Customer Solutions team.
Further instructions on how to upgrade your account if needed can be found here.
Step By Step Instructions
- Go to your "Drafts" page under the Messages section of your account.
- For the message you wanted to tag, click the "Schedule" button to begin scheduling the broadcast.
- Under the Broadcast Settings, find the 'Do you want tag automations?' and click "Edit."
- Under the Open Automations section, add any tags you want removed when this subscriber opens the message.
- Be sure to click "Apply" once added any tags you want.
Congratulations! When someone opens your broadcast they will have that tag removed.