With Automations, you have the option to trigger certain actions based on how a subscriber interacts with your message. You can have tags applied when a subscriber opens a broadcast message or have them removed. Having them removed can be useful when running a re-engagement campaign with subscribers you've tagged for inactivity. Once they do open your message, the related tag would be removed.
In this article we will cover how to have a tag removed when someone Opens one of your broadcast messages.
Note: Plain text emails would not be able to track opens so an HTML email would be required for this feature.
Step by step instructions
- Go to your "Drafts" page under the Messages section of your account.
- For the message you wanted to tag, click the "Send Options" button and select Schedule a Broadcast.
- Under the Broadcast Settings, find the 'Do you want automations?' and click "Edit".
- Under the Open Automations section, add any tags you want removed when this subscriber opens the message.
- Be sure to click "Apply" once added any tags you want.
Congratulations! When someone opens your broadcast they will have that tag removed.