With Automations, you have the option to trigger certain actions based on how a subscriber interacts with your message. One such automation is having a tag applied when a subscriber opens one of your broadcasts. Using tags with the open broadcast automation, you can separate those subscribers opening your content and even have a campaign triggered off of that tag.
In this article we will cover how to have a tag applied when someone Opens one of your broadcast messages.
Note: Plain text emails would not be able to track opens so an HTML email would be required for this feature.
Step by step instructions
- Go to your "Drafts" page under the Messages section of your account.
- For the message you wanted to tag, click the "Send Options" button and select Schedule a Broadcast.
- Under the Broadcast Settings, find the 'Do you want automations?' and click "Edit".
- Under the Open Automations section, add any tags you want applied when this subscriber opens the message.
- Be sure to click "Apply" once added any tags you want.
Congratulations! When someone opens your broadcast they will be tagged automatically.