How do I use the Email Template Manager?
AWeber allows you multiple options for editing your templates. If you're looking to edit an existing AWeber template, add your own, or create one from scratch, those options would be accessible inside. In this article, we'll cover where and how you can do this.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, go to the "Email Template Manager" page. On this page, you'll have four options. First, you can use Smart Designer to create a custom template using the content on your site.
- If you would prefer to design the template yourself, then click the "Design My Own Template" tab for more options. "Start With an AWeber Template" is for those who want to use an AWeber template without modifying any of the source code. You can add content to a message and use it as a "starting point" when building new emails.
- The "Import a Template" option is for those who have a coded email and want to port it over into AWeber but are not as familiar with HTML. Our drag and drop editor allows you to add "dropzones" into your template so it plays nice with our message editor.
- Lastly, the "Code Using AWeber's Theme Language" option is for those who are familiar with HTML/CSS and are trying to get the most out of our editor.
Code using our Theme Language
- In this mode, you can give your template a name (what the user will see in their template gallery), add any needed styles via the CSS button, and of course, code the template itself.
- Note that you can collapse each section of the template you're working on by clicking the header.
- Just below the header, you'll find a list of any required or optional variables that can be used when coding that section.
- The "Documentation And Code Example" link under each section provides an overview of the purpose of the section in question, as well as some basic examples and rundowns on the available variables.
What if I have issues designing my messages?
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!