How do I send birthday messages?
By sending a special message to your subscribers at the beginning of their birthday month, you catch them by surprise with a personal touch.
These messages are a great opportunity to offer an exclusive coupon or discount or just to remind your subscribers of your business. In this article we'll cover how to do this utilizing our tagging feature.
Step By Step Instructions
- Under the "Sign Up Forms" tab, first either create a new form, or edit an existing one by clicking its name.
- In the editor, click the "Create A New Field" button to add a field. Name it "Birthday Month" and click "Next."
- For input type, select "Radio" and then enter the months along with the corresponding tag.
Once complete, click "Save Your Form" and place the form on your site if you have not already.
- Now when people sign up they can tell you their birthday month. You can now create a segment so that you can send a birthday greeting to your subscribers in the appropriate month. You do this by first going to your "Subscribers" tab and selecting "Subscribers." Next, choose "Tags" from the "Select A Field" drop down. Then add the tag that corresponds to the segment you're creating.
- Next, name that segment and click "Save."
Now when you go to send your broadcast, you can select that segment to send to.
AWeber offers hundreds of templates you’re welcome to use! If you would ever find yourself wanting to modify an existing template or would like a custom template built for you to reflect your branding, our Template Team would be happy to modify existing templates or design a custom template for you!