In this article, we'll cover how to set up the integration between MemberPress and AWeber.
MemberPress will help you build astounding WordPress membership sites, accept credit cards securely, control who sees your content, and sell digital downloads. With the AWeber integration, you'll be able to add new members directly to the AWeber list you want.
Note: You will need to download both the MemberPress plugin for WordPress and the AWeber plugin for this to work. Both need to be installed into your WordPress account before following the step below. For help installing these, you can follow MemberPress's instructions here.
Step By Step Instructions
- After installing and activating your MemberPress plugin, click "Add-ons" from under the MemberPress plugin in your WordPress account.
- Next, click the "Activate" button for AWeber.
- From here, go to your MemberPress plugin settings section and select the "Marketing" tab.
- Check the box to "Enable AWeber".
- From the drop down that appears, click "Connect to AWeber's API".
- You'll be prompted to enter your AWeber login details. Once you've done that, click "Allow Access".
- Copy the Authorization code that generates on this page.
- Paste this code into the provided text area and click "Authorize".
- Now you can choose the mailing list you would like subscribers added to.
- And that's it! Subscribers will now be added to that list upon becoming a member. You can also further segment where subscribers are added based on their membership choice. For that, you would first want to go into your Memberships, scroll to your Member Options, and click the "Advanced" tab.
- Select the option for "AWeber list for this Membership".
- Then, select the mailing list you would like subscribers from this Membership added to.
And that's it! When subscribers pass through your Membership pages, they will be added to the corresponding AWeber list.