AWeber's Campaigns is a great way to send targeted messages to your subscribers. Using tags, you can decide which subscribers you would like to receive your Campaigns. You can also send a Broadcast directly to subscribers based on tags they do, or do not have. In this article, we'll walk through how to add and remove tags in bulk.
Step By Step Instructions
- Hover over the 'Subscribers' tab and choose 'Subscribers.'
- Then, either check the box next to the subscriber's name for anyone you would like to tag. Or you can check the box next to the word 'Name' to select all of your subscribers at once.
A yellow bar will appear above the subscribers explaining how many subscribers have been selected.
- You can bulk tag subscribers in groups of 20, 50, or 100. You can also choose to bulk tag your entire subscriber list or a targeted segment of your list. For this example, we will bulk tag the entire list of 534 subscribers by clicking on the 'Select all subscribers' option.
You can choose to undo your selection, or continue with bulk tagging your entire list.
- Next, click "Actions," followed by "Tag" in the drop-down menu that appears.
- You'll then have the option to add or remove tags from the previously selected subscribers. You can enter up to 10 tags in each box. When you're ready, click "Apply."
- After you have made your changes, added tags will appear under the 'Tags' section of the Subscriber Information. Removed tags will no longer be present.
Note: You can also view your bulk tag history by clicking on the "Subscriber Tools" tab and then selecting the "Bulk Action History" option.
You will be directed to the 'Bulk Action History' page where you can view processing, pending, and completed bulk tag actions from the last 30 days.
Processing: Job to append or remove tag is in progress.
Pending: Job to update subscribers is in queue to begin processing.
Completed: Jobs that have been completed in the past 30 days.
And that's it! Now that you've completed a bulk action, your subscribers can be more diversely added to an existing campaign or a segment you have created.