How do I add or remove tags in bulk?
AWeber's Campaigns is a great way to send targeted messages to your subscribers. Using tags, you can decide which subscribers you would like to receive your Campaigns. You can also send a Broadcast directly to subscribers based on tags they do, or do not have. In this article, we'll walk through how to add and remove tags in bulk.
Step By Step Instructions
- Go to the "Subscribers" page
- Then, either check the box next to the subscriber's name for anyone you would like to tag. Or you can check the box next to the word 'Name' to select all of your subscribers at once.
- You can bulk tag subscribers in groups of 20, 50, or 100 based on the view of the page. If you select more than the total number of subscribers displayed on the page, a yellow box will appear. In order to select all of the subscribers, click "Select all ### subscribers."
You can choose to undo your selection, or continue with bulk tagging your entire list.
- Next, click "Actions," followed by "Tag" in the drop-down menu that appears.
- You'll then have the option to add or remove tags from the previously selected subscribers. You can enter up to 10 tags in each box. When you're ready, click "Apply."
- After you have made your changes, added tags will appear under the 'Tags' section of the Subscriber Information. Removed tags will no longer be present.
Note: You can also view your bulk tag history by clicking on the "Subscriber Tools" tab and then selecting the "Bulk Action History" option. On the "Bulk History Action Page," you can view processing, pending, and completed bulk tag actions from the last 30 days.
Processing: Job to append or remove tag is in progress.
Pending: Job to update subscribers is in queue to begin processing.
Completed: Jobs that have been completed in the past 30 days.
And that's it! Now that you've completed a bulk action, your subscribers can be more diversely added to an existing campaign or a segment you have created.