Split tests are a great way to test different subject lines or message content to increase subscriber response rates.
In this article, we will review the necessary steps to create a split test and schedule your messages.
Step by Step Instructions
1. To create your split test, first hover over the Messages tab and click Broadcasts.
2. Once there, click the green Create button to the right of the Split Tests section.
3. Next, provide a name for your split test. This is the best way to differentiate one split test from another.
4. If you wish to send your split test to a segment, click on the "Select your recipients" drop down menu.
5. Next, select the segment you'd like to send to.
6. Then, move the slider on the scale to define your split segments into either 2 or 3 groups.
Note: To have only 2 groups, the slider must be moved all the way to the right.
7. Then, click Save to create your split test.
8. To choose the message you would like to use, click Select a Draft on the right hand side.
9. Here, you can select any current draft in your list. Then, click Select.
10. You will now see your selected message added into one of your split test segments.
Click the blue Schedule button to schedule your Broadcast split test message.
11. Schedule your message just as you would with any other Broadcast message within your account. Once your Broadcast settings are set, click the "Send Message Now" button.
12. Repeat the above steps for each segment within your split test.
You did it! Your split test is now good to go. To check on its progress, just come back to this page to review the statistics. Whichever one has higher engagement will be your 'winner' that you can send to the remaining segment.