How do I bold, italicize, and hyperlink text in AWeber's Curate app?
With AWeber's Curate app, you can easily create newsletters to send to your subscribers from your mobile device. You can add content from a website or your own text or images. You can further curate text content by using Markdown. You can now also easily bold, italicize, or hyperlink text by highlighting a word or phrase and using the dialogue box that pops over the text.
This article will walk you through the steps to bold, italicize, and hyperlink text using the dialogue box.
- First, add a new text element to your message by tapping the floating action button and then tapping the "Text" icon
- Type any text you would like to include in your newsletter and highlight the text that you want to format. After selecting the text, a dialogue box will pop over the page.
- If you would like to make the text bold, tap "B."
The text won't appear bold in the app but will appear bold for your subscribers when the newsletter sends. Here is how the text will look in the text area:
- If you want to italicize the text, tap "I."
Here is how the text will appear in the text area:
- Finally, if you would like to add a hyperlink to the text, tap "Link."
An "Insert link" box will pop over the screen. Add the URL of the website you want to hyperlink and tap "OK."
In this example, we hyperlinked https://www.example.com/. Here is how the text will appear in the app:
- Add a text element to your newsletter by tapping the "Text" icon from the floating action button.
- Add your text to the text area and highlight the text that you want to format. A dialogue box will appear above the highlighted text.
- If you would like to make the text bold, tap "BOLD" from the available options.
The text will not appear bold in the text area, but will be surrounded by asterisks like in the image below.
- If you would like to make the text italic, tap "ITALIC."
The text will not appear italic, but will be surrounded by underscores.
- If you would like to hyperlink text to a website URL, tap "LINK."
Add a website URL to the "Inset link" box and tap "OK."
Here is how the text will look:
And that's it! You have now successfully formatted your text to be bold, italic, or hyperlinked!