After you install AWeber's Webform Widget for Wordpress, you have the ability to add people who comment on or register for your blog to your list. This can be a useful tool to help grow your lists beyond just the sign up form.
Step By Step Instructions
- If you haven't done so already, install the AWeber Webform Widget for Wordpress.
- After you enter your authorization code and connect to AWeber, the "Subscribe By Commenting" section will appear on the "AWeber Web Form Options" page. First, select the list that you would like subscribers added to when the register or leave a comment.
- Then, click the appropriate checkboxes to add commenters and people who register to your blog.
- Lastly, enter the text that will appear next to the subscription checkbox in the "Promotion" text area (this will be set to "Sign up to our newsletter!" by default).
Please note: You can adjust the position of the checkbox by editing the code of the form, which we will discuss in the next section.
- Once you're finished, click "Save."
And that's it! Now, approved commenters and people who register will be added to the list of your choosing.
Someone commented on my blog but they weren't added to my list
In order to prevent comment spammers from adding bad email addresses to your list, the plugin only adds comments that have been approved. Once a comment is manually or automatically approved, the person who left the comment will be added to your list.