In this article, we will walk through the steps to access the shortcode and then use it to add a sign up form directly to a theme in WordPress.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, click the "AWeber" tab from the menu options on the left-hand side of the control panel and click the "Forms" page.
- Next, you can view any of the forms on your list. Select a list from the drop-down menu to the right of the "Sign Up Forms" or "Split Test" headings.
- Copy the shortcode of the form you would like to use from the "Shortcodes" column.
- Then, click the "Appearance" tab and click the "Widgets" option.
- Click the "Text" widget from the list of available widgets and drag it to the side bar or footer where you would like the form to appear.
- Once the widget is in place, click on it to reveal the text area.
- Paste the shortcode into the text area and click "Save."
And that's it! Now, the form will appear in any of the pages that use this specific theme.