How do I add a sign up form to the theme of my WordPress site?
After installing the AWeber for Wordpress plugin, you are able to navigate between your lists and view your Sign Up Forms. You can review your statistics directly in WordPress, like your forms' submissions and displays. There are also shortcodes for each form and split test.
In this article, we will walk through the steps to access the shortcode and then use it to add a sign up form directly to a theme in WordPress.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, click the "AWeber" tab from the menu options on the left-hand side of the control panel and click the "Forms" page.
- Next, you can view any of the forms on your list. Select a list from the drop-down menu to the right of the "Sign Up Forms" or "Split Test" headings.
- Copy the shortcode of the form you would like to use from the "Shortcodes" column.
- Then, click the "Appearance" tab and click the "Widgets" option.
- Click the "Text" widget from the list of available widgets and drag it to the side bar or footer where you would like the form to appear.
- Once the widget is in place, click on it to reveal the text area.
- Paste the shortcode into the text area and click "Save."
And that's it! Now, the form will appear in any of the pages that use a theme with the AWeber Sign Up Form shortcode.