How do I set up Cart Abandonment with Shopify?
In this article, we will cover how to configure your Shopify integration to trigger an automation based on a cart abandonment action.
Through our integration with Shopify you can sell your products online and have those customers added to your AWeber mailing lists. This is a great way to provide content to your customers based on a purchase, and start monetizing your email list.
Automations can be triggered for those customers who add a product to their cart, but do not follow through with the purchasing of that product, which will cause a tag to be applied to their subscriber information within your AWeber account. This can be very helpful in sending an email to those individuals as a targeted follow up to their visit to your online store.
Cart abandonment, sometimes referred to by Shopify as Checkout Abandonment, will only function when someone is logged in, or if they abandon the checkout process after they've provided their email address.
Step By Step Instructions
- If you have not already done so, follow our instructions for connecting your Shopify store to your AWeber account.
- After completing the initial integration steps, you'll find a section within the Shopify integration labeled, "Cart Abandonment". Here, you can specify which list a customer should be added to and any tags that should be applied to those that begin the checkout process, but fail to complete it.
- If you'd like to add someone to a specific list or add specific tags based on the products they leave in their cart, select the "Advanced Settings" check box at the bottom of the "Cart Abandonment" section.
- You'll then be able to specify the Product, List, and Add Tags for the automation you're configuring.
- Finally, click the "Add automation" button to complete the setup.
Congratulations! Now, instances where a customer adds a product to their cart but does not complete the checkout process will be handled according to the automations you have configured.
Only one Shopify account can be integrated with your AWeber account.
Shopify may take up to 2 hours to report new customers to your AWeber account, so do not be alarmed if you experience a delay in customers being added to your list or in tags being appended to existing subscribers.