Your From address is the email address that will show as the sender when subscribers receive your messages, like in the image below.
The From address is one of the first things that subscribers will see when they receive your messages, so we recommend using your own custom domain and something that your subscribers recognize, like email@example.com. This will also be where you receive replies from your subscribers, so you want to make sure it is a valid email address that you have access to.
The From address is an important part of your deliverability. When you use a custom domain, you can add DKIM and SPF records to your DNS settings, which help authenticate that AWeber is allowed to send on your behalf.
In order to update your DKIM and SPF records for your domain, you will first have to verify whatever email address you're planning on using. In this article, we will walk through the steps to verify your From address.
Step By Step Instructions
- First, hover over the "List Options" tab and click "List Settings." You will see your From name and email address in your "Basic Settings." If you haven't verified this email address yet, then you will see a notification under this section that says "Unverified From Address."
To verify your email address, click the "send the verification email" link.
- After you click the link, a message will pop over the page telling you to check your inbox. Click "Done" to continue.
- You will receive a message from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to verify. Click the "Verify email address" button in this message.
And that's it! Your from address should be verified. You can check the status of the verification from your account settings. If you need to add a different From address, then you can do so from your "List Settings."
Adding a New From Address
If the From address that you would like to use is not available, then you can add it from within your "List Settings."
- In your "List Settings," click on the "From Address" drop-down menu.
- Then, click "Add New Email."
- Enter your email address in the textbox and click "Send Verification."
And that's it! You will receive the verification email and once you click the link, your email address will be verified. To check the status of your domain, view the instructions below.
Checking the Status of Your From Address
After you click on the verification link, you can check the status of your domain to make sure your account was successfully updated.
- Hover over your login email in your control panel and click "My Account." Then, click the "Domains and Addresses" tab from the options on the left-hand side of the page.
- If you have been sent the verification email, but haven't yet clicked the link, then you will see a yellow "Pending" symbol.
If the From address has been verified, you will see a green "Verified" symbol.
You can resend the verification email by clicking "Resend Verification."
You're all set! After you've added and verified your from address, you can update your DKIM and SPF records for the domain.