How do I update my video to be able to add it to my landing page?
In order to add a YouTube or Vimeo video to your AWeber landing page, the video must be set to public and able to be embedded on any website. In this article, we are going to walk through the steps to edit your YouTube and Vimeo settings so that you can add your videos to your landing page.
- You can easily change the visibility of the video from your "Channel content" videos. Click the button under the "Visibility" column.
- Then, click "Public" and publish your changes.
- To edit the embedding settings, hover over the video and click the pencil icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings and click "More."
- Check the box to "Allow embedding" and save your changes.
And that's it! Your video will now be public and be able to be embedded on your landing page. After you've updated the settings, you can repost the URL to your landing page with "&cache=bust" added to the end of the URL. This extra string will prevent the video from being pulled from the cache, which won't expire for 24 hours.
- Access your videos and click on the video you would like to edit.
- Select the "Privacy" tab from the menu options on the right-hand side of the page.
- Click the "Public" button.
- Next, select "Anywhere" under the "Where can this be embedded" drop-down.
And that's it! You have successfully updated the settings of your Vimeo video. Now, you can re-add the video URL to your landing page with the "&cache=bust" string added to the end of the URL. Visitors to your landing page will be able to view the video.