How do I customize my landing page URL?
Landing pages are a great tool to help grow your list, offer an incentive, and promote your products and services. With AWeber's landing page editor, you can customize the design of your page to match your site branding. If you're not sure how to get started, we have instructions on how to create a landing page.
In this article, we are going to walk through the steps to customize your landing page URL with a domain, subdomain, and page path. Customizing your landing page URL helps make your page more professional and helps match your page with your company branding.
Custom Subdomain and Page Path
- Before publishing your landing page, you will want to update your "Settings" under Page.
- Here, you can edit your Landing Page URL settings and add a custom subdomain and page path. Your custom subdomain will replace the part of the URL before aweb.page. In order to update this, first click "Customize Subdomain."
- After you click "Customize Subdomain," you will be brought to your "Domains and Addresses" settings. Add your subdomain to the "Account Subdomain" box and click "Save Subdomain." Note: you can only update the subdomain three times.
- You will see your changes reflected in the "Preview URL" section when you return to the landing page editor. Then, you can also edit the page path. The page path is the portion of the URL after the first forward slash. For example, with https://www.example.com/my-awesome-landing-page, the /my-awesome-landing-page portion of the URL is the page path.
While you are required to set a page path for your custom subdomain, you might not want anything displayed after the subdomain itself. If you only wanted your subdomain displayed when viewing your landing page, 'testerjones.aweb.page' for example, you can set your path to 'home'. This will cause 'testerjones.aweb.page' and 'testerjones.aweb.page/home' to both serve your landing page content.
- After entering your custom page path, you will see your landing page URL update accordingly.
- Once you have finished customizing your landing page, click the "Save & Exit" button located in the bottom right-hand corner of the builder.
- On the Landing Pages section of your account, you will have the option to publish your page when you're ready. To do so, simply click the "Publish" button.
When you share your landing page, you will see your custom subdomain and page path reflected in your landing page URL.
- Open the landing page editor and click the "Settings" tab from the "Page" section on the right-hand side of the page.
- Here, under the Custom Domain section, select the domain that you would like to use for this landing page. If you do not see it listed you’ll need to configure your domain for use with a landing page.
If any of these domains are deleted, from either your AWeber account or hosting platform while in use on a landing page, you'll need to update the settings for those landing pages as needed.
Similar to step #4 in the previous section, you can set your custom domain page path to 'home', which will cause the root domain, and the '/home' URL to serve your landing page content. For example, both 'testerjones.com' and 'testerjones.com/home' will display your landing page after setting the page path to 'home'.
Congratulations! Now your subscribers can navigate to your custom domain and view your landing page content. Don't forget to publish your changes!