What is the ideal format of an image?
When uploading an image to your message or landing page, you want to make sure to follow certain guidelines for the best performance in AWeber's editors and best display for your subscribers.
- Acceptable file formats are .jpg, .png, and .gif
- File must be less than 10MB in size
- Use images that are 600 pixels wide for for the best display in messages
- AWeber templates automatically resize images to 600 pixels wide
- Images for HTML messages need to be manually resized and set to 600 pixels wide
- Use images that are at least 1500-2500 pixels for best display on landing pages
- For best image display across devices and to keep your images from distorting:
- Keep the "Maintain aspect ratio" options on for messages
- Keep the "Auto Width" option on for landing page images
Overall, you don't want to use too many images on your landing pages. Using too many images in a landing page could cause loading issues on the browser. For messages, however, you want to maintain a decent image-to-text ratio. If the message is one large image, or multiple images and little text, then email providers may filter it. On the other hand, if the message is just text or a long chunk of text, it could be perceived as spam.